Texture on the Geaux
We're Not Selling Girl Scout Cookies! We're Running a Business!
By The Texture Mix
Ok guys! You know what season it is! You'll be seeing Girl Scouts everywhere trying to hand you box of delicious cookies! While we respect and love the Girl Scouts for serving our country and building up our communities, sometimes people will value your gift, talent or business as just as much as a they value a box of cookies? Crazy Right? In a recent video from Christianee Porter of The Christi Show, posted a recent video in character as " Ms.Shirleen" and she stated, "People love your gift, until they have to pay for it!" Have you ever felt like that?
We are often asked, How do you attract new subscribers? How do you get people to support what you are doing?
Here's a few tips to help you get the supporters that you need for your business! Let's Jump In!
We categorize supporters in four different categories! There are people that:
1. Support YOU Regardless: These are your fanatics! They will pay for anything that you offer because they love you and they love what you do.
2. Support YOU "Just Because": These are the people that you should be weary of because usually, they will buy what you have, but they are looking for something in return. There are usually strings attached, and in their eyes, you may OWE THEM! It's ok to let people know that they are not your customer. Have integrity and don't try to sell to everyone for a short term coin! Help the people that really need what you offer!
3. Don't Support YOU: It's ok if they don't want to support you! It is their choice! Do not get mad when people do not support you, especially when it's your family for example. Most of the time, the people in your family are not your customers! Your worth does not diminish because they don't see it! Focus your time and energy on your customers and those that appreciate you. They need you and you can't afford to waste your time, money or resources on those that do not see the value of your business. Kindly deny their request for FREE options and ask them to follow up with you when they are ready to buy. Easy!
4. Don't Only Support, They Buy In : [Now this is the category where we can brag on our subscribers!] This where our customers live! This is the group of people that you must focus on the most. Now be grateful for each category because they can easily come over to category 4! However, you should focus more of your attention on this category because this is the group of individuals that you need to meet in order to solve a problem and keep your business sustainable. You want to retain the customers must that see the value in your business. Love on them!
Changing The Perception
Since we are solution focused here at The Texture Mix. We have three tips for you that you can use to get over those that do not support you.
1. Never Sell Yourself Short: We don't care how hard it gets or how much you need the money, never settle for less than what you are worth. Your company needs to thrive, so you can not afford to offer your time or inventory to people that do not see your worth. Keep a smile on your face and kindly decline their request "free" or "discounted options". Also, make sure you are offering a great product or service. Sometimes you need to assess yourself and see if there is something that may need to be changed about your business model that will help people to buy-in to what you have to offer.
2. Position Yourself: Get in front of your target market. Get social on social media. Ask questions. Create an Email List. Go to Events. Figure out where & when your customers need you and meet them there. The difference between you and the people that have made it, is that they have put themselves in the best position to be seen by their target audience. As you position yourself, make sure you get paid first! What are you willing to do to position yourself in the right place?
3. Remember Your Purpose: Regardless of how you get your mission out, whether through a business venture or your personal gift, every time you feel like giving up, just remember WHY you must make a difference and allow that to be your fuel to keep going! You are a winner and someone needs what you have to offer! So keep that in mind and push like you never have before! I hope this helped you today!
Oh! Support the Girl Scouts! We Love Them!
Listen, I used to be a Girl Scout! I know what it's like to stand outside on the cold afternoons selling cooking in front of stores like Wal-Mart, asking people to grab a quick snack in efforts to support our cause. The Girl Scouts really planted a seed for my entrepreneurial journey. Now, support the Girl Scouts in your neighborhood. Click the button find a local troop to support! Thanks for reading!
What do you think about this? Do you own a Business? Do you have a Talent? Share Your Craft below!